Matthew McTygue's Fundraiser
Give to help drive education equity & economic empowerment!
Join me in supporting real change.
$0 towards $20,000
Let's get more underrepresented communities into graduate school and high-wage careers!
Did you know? Many critical careers that influence systemic change, such as lawyers, health care professionals, and educators, require and/or prefer postgraduate degrees. Jobs that require a master's degree or higher at entry-level are projected to be the fastest-growing segment of the workforce between 2014 and 2024. To access postgraduate education, students must receive a high school diploma, a bachelor's degree, and then have the financial resources and time to complete postgraduate school. However, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- only 3% of all chief executives in the United States are Black
- less than 7% of all lawyers are Black and less than 6% are Hispanic
- less than 18% of all surgeons are non-white
- less than 18% of all civil engineers are non-white
Leadership Brainery is tackling this issue!
As a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, LB works to close opportunity and wealth gaps by ensuring equitable access to postgraduate degree programs and high-impact careers for underrepresented candidates, which includes people of color, people with disabilities, individuals from a lower socioeconomic status, and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We are counting on your investment to enable us to...
- grow our team to rapidly recruit thousands more diverse talent into our life-changing programs;
- leverage digital technology to match more young adults from marginalized communities with mentors to help them through the admissions and financial aid processes;
- offer both in-person and virtual opportunities, such as personal and professional development workshops and networking opportunities;
- provide free standardized test preparation materials, coaching, and financial aid resources; and
- train university staff on equitable and anti-racist recruitment and retention practices.
Visit https://www.leadershipbrainery.org/ to learn more about our impactful programs, story, and team. If you have questions or need to contact LB, please email Jonathan Allen (JA@leadershipbrainery.org).
Thanks for your generous support!
Let's make a difference today. #ChangeCantWait